Understanding and Preventing Gender-Based Violence
Toronto, Ontario – August 20, 2021
Kenyan Canadian Association (KCA) is pleased to invite you to our webinar:
UNDERSTANDING & PREVENTING GENDER-BASED VIOLENCE. This virtual event is supported by funding from the Government of Canada through the Canadian Women’s Foundation, Safer + Stronger COVID-19 Emergency Grant.
This will be the first webinar in a series of 5 webinars for the Safer + Stronger COVID-19 Emergency Grant Project. Future webinars will cover:
- Survivors & Family Support & Interventions - September 11th , 2021
- Legal and Justice System - September 25th , 2021
- Gender-based Violence and the Media - October 16th , 2021
- Gender Equality & UN Women HeForShe - November 6th , 2021
Join the conversation with our expert panelists as they discuss Gender-Based Violence (GBV) in its many forms, with a focus on understanding, identifying, responding to, and addressing the impacts of GBV in Canada.
Date and Time:
Saturday, August 21, 2021 2:45pm – 5:30pm
To participate in the Zoom Webinar please register on Eventbrite
Participants can also access the webinar live stream on Facebook and YouTube
- Information, awareness, and preventative measures for GBV.
- GBV within and against immigrant and refugee communities in Canada.
- Resources and Support Services for those impacted.
- DR. JILL ANDREW - MPP for Toronto-St. Paul's
▫ Discussion on the rise of GBV and intimate partner violence during the pandemic and supports needed from the province to end GBV
- MARGARITA PINTI-PEREZ - Senior Coordinator, Ontario Council of Agencies Serving Immigrants (OCASI)
▫ Gender-based violence against non-status, refugee, and immigrant women across Canada
- CARLA NETO - Community Program Manager, Women's Habitat of Etobicoke
▫ Information on the ever-evolving needs of those impacted by GBV, focus on building effective and innovative response systems
- AVON HARRIS - Community Outreach Manager at the Redwood
▫ Gender-based Violence education and support services for victims and survivors
- GENESIS BOWEN - Social Service Worker, Kenyan Canadian Association
▫ Overview of Gender-based Violence, Types of GBV Violence, Vulnerable Communities and Women Issues in Canada
- SANJIT KAUR - Women & Gender Affairs Director, Kenyan Canadian Association
Follow us for more on Facebook, YouTube, Instagram, Twitter and Linkedin